Associates are responsible for developing financial models, performing economic and industry research, and creating presentations and reports that are submitted to clients.
About the Position
Among the Associate’s specific duties will be the following:
- Perform valuation analysis on a wide range of public and private entities within various industries using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Independently gather and review data pertinent to the engagement by performing, industry, market, economic and competitor research
- Design and work with financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiples, market transactions and option pricing analysis
- Communicate and relay results to senior team members
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of engagement proposals
- Construction of the written valuation report
- Participate in ongoing firm projects with leadership team
- Assists with firm initiatives (recruiting, business development events, etc.)
Training (both formal and OTJ) as well as credentialing (CFA, ASA) will play a significant role in professional development.
About the Associate
Associates are responsible for developing financial models, performing economic and industry research, and creating presentations and reports that are submitted to clients. This member of our team will participate in all phases of engagements, working simultaneously for multiple clients and applying skills in business valuation. He or she will work closely with other members of the appraisal team to provide a high-quality valuation analysis.
As such, the Associate would ideally have the following requirements:
- 4-year degree, or in pursuit thereof, with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong financial statement analysis skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel/financial modelling skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Power Point
- Advanced understanding of financial theory and general accounting issues
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to manage time and workflow & focus on quality work
- Relationship-focused (with peers, management, etc.), excels in a team-oriented work environment
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Accountability and ability to multi-task
Finally, the Associate should demonstrate interest in, or progress towards, the following valuation credentials:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
If this could be you:
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitting references is encouraged but not required.
Intrinsic is a highly collaborative team of financial experts with a singular focus on private equity. Our core mandate is to serve as trusted partners to these elite investment professionals and their management teams in situations requiring sophisticated valuation advice and transaction due diligence insight. We do so in a manner that allows them to realize their own highest and best use as investors and fiduciaries.
The collective skill set of our professionals is both unique and highly relevant. Intrinsic team members join from roles in not just Big 4 accounting and large, international valuation firms, but also institutional and family office investing, Csuite executive leadership, bulge bracket investment banking, and M7 staff. These experiences and the perspectives gained from them coalesce precisely so that we can understand and serve our clients in ways generalist service providers cannot. Further, our own business is shaped and guided by a highly informed group of investors, some of the most accomplished professionals and academics in the fields of private equity and entrepreneurial finance.