Senior Associate | Transaction Advisory Services
- Chicago, Illinois
- Denver, Colorado
About the Position
Specific duties of the Senior Associate include the following:
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence projects, primarily for private equity clients and middle market companies.
- Perform rigorous analysis of financial and operational data of target companies, and assist in quality of earnings, net working capital, and other ad hoc analyses.
- Assist in meetings with target company personnel and assist with client communications.
- Generate comprehensive financial due diligence reports presenting key findings and important deal considerations to clients.
- Participate in practice development initiatives.
About the Senior Associate
The Senior Associate will ideally have the following experience and characteristics:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years of related work experience at an accounting or consulting firm (ideally experience within a transaction advisory services practice at a Big 4 accounting firm or national consulting firm).
- Active CPA license or equivalent certification preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to distill complex data into meaning insights.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Naturally driven and intellectually curious.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment.
Together, with the above, the Senior Associate must reflect the values that are core to our firm:
- Craftsperson – We earn the respect of our clients by putting in the work so that our knowledge on matters where we serve them extends well beyond their own understanding. They come to respect and rely on us in this regard. We take enormous personal pride in our ability to contribute in this way. The satisfaction derived from mastery of the art we practice, indicated by our client’s acknowledgement of it, and the authenticity of the relationships we build because of it, is the marquee reason we stay in this business.
- Relatable – When our clients think about who they’d like to spend time with outside of work, they think fondly of us. We genuinely like and respect each other. Our conversations are informed, but casual. They don’t feel the need to put on a corporate veneer when interacting with us, and we relate our knowledge to them succinctly, and in plain English. We get them to “ah, I got it” with expert precision in a humble yet confident way.
- Trusted Partner – A natural result of being both relatable and a master craftsman is that we become trusted partners – effective extensions of the clients we work with. Work is awarded on an uncontested basis. Over time, they may ask us to help with endeavors they know lay beyond our stated services, having developed confidence by observing us in situations where we innovate at the margin and find unique solutions in the normal course of traditional engagements. Their respect for us may manifest in other ways as well, like asking about what other kinds of work our firm performs, or referrals to other service providers. They use us as a filter and beacon for other craftspeople.
- Responsive – We care about our clients and we want them to know that. The way we show it is through responsiveness. Getting a quick response from us, at any time of day or night, even if it’s a few words, makes them know this. When we interact with them in this way, it builds a new and special dimension to the relationship. A personal one.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Part of our wiring is that we’re nerds at some level. We might have a little social anxiety, and we find solace and enjoyment in diving into topics that sharpen the saw in our craft. We’re not on a path of continuous improvement for financial reasons. We actually enjoy tinkering with concepts and tools that elevate our game. Sometimes we might want to take on an assignment that doesn’t fit with our strategy because something about it will give us the opportunity to personally explore something new.
- Commitment To The Firm – We have profound organizational ambition. We enjoy winning as a team and watching the flywheel accelerate through collaboration. We like winning independently to motivate our colleagues, and we love nothing more than watching them respond with big wins of their own. We love being the underdog together and the comradery that comes from building something special – with fewer resources and less capital than our competitors – and our clients love being a part of the process as well as we grow.
- Commitment To Each Other – As much as we like winning together, we like learning and growing together. We acknowledge each of us was carefully chosen for our inherent traits as continuous learners, having a strong desire to improve as both professionals and people. We strive to understand the challenges and demands of one another’s roles and we solve our problems, together. We know that the key to our respective individual successes is underpinned by our growth as leaders and our ability to win as a team, and we improve on both, daily.